Volleyball Alberta Career Opportunity!
PROGRAM MANAGER - REFEREES
The position of the Program Manager -Referees is a full-time position based out of the Calgary or Edmonton office. The position demands effective adminstration, organizational and communication, and the ability to the work within a team including volunteers and staff.
• Manage the allocation of referees for the Volleyball Alberta Premier and Provincial Championship series.
• Working with the Operations Director and bookkeeper to ensure accurate and timely payment of referees.
• Manage the allocation software for the province including the referee zone accounts.
• Assist the referee zones in the recruitment and retention of referees in Alberta.
• Grow and maintain the referee membership to ensure adequate coverage for all provincial requirements including school, club and post-secondary volleyball.
• Administer the screening program for referees and coaches in Alberta.
• Coordinate and manage the Alberta Summer and Winter Games program.
• Work with the Beach Referee assignor to recruit, develop and allocate referees for the Beach program.
• Communicate and promote programs via the Volleyball Alberta web site and social media.
• Assist with the staging of Premier and Provincial Championship tournaments as well as Nationals.
• Communicate and work collaboratively with staff, referees, coaches, sport partners, and volunteers.
• Work with volunteers on the Volleyball Alberta Leadership committee to further the development of referee and coaching programs in Alberta.
• Diploma or Degree in Sports Administration, Physical Education or equivalent is recommended.
• Working knowledge of volleyball including prior or current involvement in the sport.
• Provincial Level or higher Referee Certification in Volleyball is considered an asset.
• Excellent working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to coordinate programs to ensure proper administration, organization and delivery.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience in budgeting.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Evening and weekend work
• Personal vehicle
Salary will be commensurate with the skills and qualifications of the successful applicant. All interested individuals must submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to the Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 12, 2019.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be notified.
Click here for application