2017 Volleyball Alberta Adult Beach Leagues
Edmonton Beach League at John Fry Park
- 12 weeks (9 weeks of regular league play, 2 weeks of playoffs, 1 extra week in case of rain out)
- First match start time of 6:15pm, last match start time of 7:45pm
- Each team will play 2 matches (Best of 3 games)
- Games are capped at 21/21/15 - no win by 2
- The last 2 weeks of league will consist of playoffs and prizes for the winner of each division
|Match Start Time||Tier Ranking|
|6:15pm||1 vs 3|
|7:00pm||2 vs 3|
|7:45pm||1 vs 2|
- A $90 default deposit is required over and above the registration fee
- Default fees are charged in increments of $30
- Each time a team does not show up $30 will be deducted from the deposit that is refunded at the end of league play (i.e. if a team misses two league nights then the refund will be $30)
- The default deposit will be refunded in full at the end of the season if there are no defaults
Membership Fee: Each member needs to purchase the Beach Recreational Membership Fee ($8.25) to be eligible to participate in the Volleyball Alberta Adult Beach League
It is the responsibility of the team to find a replacement if a player is unable to attend a league night. All substitutes MUST register as a Beach Recreational Player Role ($8.25) prior to arriving on the beach courts. Subs must have played in a minimum of 2 league nights in order to play during playoffs.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on our SUB LIST
The sessions will run in all weather conditions unless there is lightning or severe rain making it unsafe to play. Always show up to games even if it is raining as weather can change very quickly. The Beach League Coordinator will email all team contacts by 5:15pm the day of to confirm if we are playing or not.
You can check if a league night will be canceled by looking on the Volleyball Alberta Website: http://www.volleyballalberta.ca/ (both the ticker on the front page and your specific beach page), VA twitter account, or by email.
We will be following the 30/20 Rule during game play which was set out by the Canada Safety Council.
If thunder is heard within 30 seconds of seeing lightning, games will be postponed. All participants must leave the playing area and seek shelter in a building or an automobile. Never stand under trees, in an open field, or under an umbrella. Games will resume 20 minutes after the thunder and lightning have moved away. If thunder and lightning are still present 20 minutes after, the game will be cancelled and the score counts as it was when the game was stopped. Halfway point of the game must be reached (11 points by one team) for the game to count towards the league standing.
2017 PUB SPONSOR
We are excited to announce that the South Common Hudsons will be our official Pub Sponsor for the second year in a row! Just minutes away, their South Edmonton Common location is a great place to grab some drinks after a league night! To help with the cost, they are awarding all Adult Beach league players a 20% discount card for the summer!
For information on Beach League Programs, please email Rachel Gulley at email@example.com
John Fry Park
92nd Street and 28th Avenue
Google Map for Directions