Posted: February 6, 2021
This morning (Saturday, February 6), the Government of Alberta announced additional options in Step 1 of the Path Forward. The changes will allow opportunities to have more athletes back on the court for volleyball activities sooner than anticipated. Volleyball Alberta is reviewing how the changes may impact our programming and will update our members early this coming week. Our Club Presidents will be part of the consultation process via a survey being distributed on Monday. We thank you for your continued patience!
The February 18th updated Guidance for Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation, Path Forward - Step 1 can be found HERE.
Children & youth are allowed to participate in limited team sport activities, subject to mandatory restrictions as outlined by the Government of Alberta.
- Lessons, practices and physical conditioning activities are allowed for indoor and outdoor minor sports/activities and school athletics (for example, school sport activities that are outside of a physical education class or related part of the school curriculum)
- Games are not allowed.
- Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
- Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:3-metres physical distance for indoor activities
- Coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique).
- Access to change rooms must be limited, including accelerated arrival and departure, emergencies (for example, first aid) and washroom use.
It is important to note that Volleyball Alberta has a Masking Policy that requires masks for all VA Participants, at all times, while they are indoors, including but not limited to arrival, training, game play, and departure.