Posted: June 1, 2021
Alberta’s Open for Summer Plan is a three-stage strategy that calls for re-opening all parts of the province with the gradual easing of very low risk activities in the first stage, followed by a significant easing in the second, and a removal of most restrictions in the third. If Albertans continue doing their part to follow public health measures and get vaccinated, all restrictions could be lifted by early July. Alberta enters Stage 1 on June 1, below are the sport, fitness, and recreation restrictions within the three-stage plan.
- Commences June 1st
- Outdoor physical, performance and recreational activities are permitted with up to 10 people (for all ages) with 2 metres distancing at all times (indoor activities still not permitted).
- Exact timing will be announced by the Government of Alberta, expected to be in by June 10.
- Indoor recreation centres to open at 1/3 of fire occupancy.
- Gyms and fitness studios – open for solo and drop-in activities and indoor fitness classes with 3 metre distancing.
- Indoor and outdoor youth and adult sports resume with no restrictions - Additional details and specifics will be shared at that time.
- Distancing and masking requirements remain in effect.
- Exact timing will be announced by the Government of Alberta, expected to be late June or early July.
- All restrictions are lifted - Additional details and specifics will be shared at that time.
- Isolation requirements for confirmed cases of COVID-19 and some protective measures in continuing care settings remain.