Posted: June 9, 2021
Volleyball Alberta is a non-profit organization with the mission to provide quality opportunities for the growth, development, and enjoyment of volleyball in Alberta. As the provincial sport governing body, Volleyball Alberta is involved in every facet of the sport by running programs at all levels both indoors and in the rapidly growing area of beach Volleyball. We provide all Alberta residents with fair and equal access to participation and personal growth through recreational, competitive, elite, instructional, administrative, coaching and officiating programs.
Are you interested in helping guide the future of volleyball in Alberta? Do you have experience and skills to help develop policy and provide governance for Volleyball Alberta? We are currently seeking three passionate candidates to join our Board of Directors.
Potential Board Members will have one or more of the following skills and/or attributes:
- Commitment and capacity (time, energy, expertise) to fulfill the commitment as a Director.
- Knowledge about roles and responsibilities of a Director, Board and Staff.
- Experience in formulating policy.
- Experience in thinking strategically.
- Knowledge about the sport of volleyball.
- Ability to identify principal business risks and ensure implementation of appropriate systems to manage those risks.
- Knowledge of organizational performance mechanisms and ability to monitor, evaluate and report.
- Strategic connectivity to key clients.
- Ethical and values-based behavior.
- Representative of client population (athlete, coach and official)
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- Legal designation (LL.B).
- Professional qualifications (MD, PhD, MBA, Sport Science).
- Personnel Management (Human Resource Professional designation).
- Media/Marketing/Public Relations contacts/experience.
- Fundraising and funding source contacts.
- Administration/Management experience.
- Government relations/contacts.
- Organizational development/Strategic Planning experience.
- Other skills valued by the Board of Directors.
To complement our current Directors, additional consideration may be given to individuals with the following qualifications: Legal designation (LL.B), Professional qualifications (MD, PhD, MBA, Sport Science), Media/Marketing/Public Relations contacts/experience, Fundraising and funding source contacts, Government relations/contacts, Organizational development/Strategic Planning experience.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the VA Board of Directors by submitting a cover letter and resume to Bruce Edwards, President of Volleyball Alberta at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 18, 2021. Candidates must be a member of Volleyball Alberta prior to the AGM. Board Members positions are conditional upon completing Screening Requirements set out in Volleyball Alberta’s Screening Policy.
A Nominations Committee will review all nominations and communicate them to our Directors in advance of the 2021 Annual General Meeting, which will take place electronically on Tuesday, June 29, 2020 at 7:00 pm MT.