Forms & Resources for Referees
The following documentation and reference material applies to the members of the Volleyball Alberta Referees.
Minor Officiating Resources
Scoresheet Presentation - v3.4 (September 2014) - PowerPoint
Line Judge Presentation (2017) - PDF
Line Judge Presentation (2017) - PowerPoint
Fee Schedule: The Volleyball Alberta Referees recommends that all areas of the province use the following fee schedule:
2021-2022 Rate Sheet
The following documentation is used as a means of improving communications between Canadian referees, Regional Referees Chairpersons (RRC) and the National Referees Committee (NRC).
Each registered team must be dressed for competition as per the Volleyball Canada rulebook; Volleyball Alberta STRONGLY recommends clubs complete the Uniform Approval Request PRIOR to ordering uniforms by submitting proofs. Once approval is granted, clubs would be sheltered from any potential costs associated with bringing uniforms up to standards during the club season. Teams and clubs will be able to submit their uniform proofs and photos via formstack. Jersey submissions that meet the standards of the Rules of the Game will be approved and an associated letter of approval will be provided to the team. Follow up with firstname.lastname@example.org Ryan Bunyan, Volleyball Canada Contact us.
Uniform approval is mandatory for teams planning on registering and attending the 2020 Volleyball Canada National Championships and must be completed no later than January 31, 2020.
9. Quick Substitution Protocol - PowerPoint
2021 Volleyball Alberta Referee Forms
1. Membership Registration: https://canada.sportsmanager.ie/sportlomo/registration/member-registration/club/12526
*****1a) Link to all videos and information to help you register! https://www.volleyballalberta.ca/registration-how-to-register
2. Screening Process:
- SCENARIO 1: New Referee & Expiring Criminal Record Checks (Sept. 1, 2017 - Aug. 31, 2018):
Complete: Sterling MyBackCheck & Screening Disclosure Form . Both of these are required every three years (3-years).
- SCENARIO 2: Referee with Current Criminal Record Check (Sep. 1, 2018 - Now):
Complete: Screening Renewal Form. The screening renewal form is required every year (1-year).
3. Safe Sport Training: As of April 1, 2020, anyone associated with a Sport Canada-funded organization must be trained on conduct to prevent and address maltreatment. This includes coaches, referees, and club administrative staff. Creating a culture where everyone can thrive is a shared responsibility. Whether you have direct contact with athletes or work in the background, Safe Sport Training promotes physical, psychological, and social health, and meets Sport Canada requirements for Safe Sport education. The safe sport module is a FREE, 90-minute eLearning module that gives all participants the tools to recognize, address, and prevent maltreatment in sport.
To get started, log in to your Locker Account with the Coaching Association of Canada, click on the eLearning tab and select Safe Sport Training. If you don’t have a Locker account, it’s EASY to register:
- Go to The Locker and click “Don’t have an NCCP#? Create one now!”
- Click the “I want to create a Locker account box, fill in the required fields and click “Register”.
- Follow the instructions in the verification email you receive.
Please note that the Respect in Sport Group’s Activity Leader Program is also a recognized equivalent, and meets the Safe Sport training requirements should you already have it.
Volleyball Canada Administrative Forms
Volleyball Alberta Referees Expense Claim Form
Volleyball Alberta Referees
Alberta Post Secondary Reference Material
Volleyball Canada Reference Material
Volleyball Canada Referee FAQs
2019 - 20 Volleyball Canada Referee Guidelines
Federation Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) Reference Material
Refereeing Guidelines and Instructions