Forms & Resources for Referees
The following documentation and reference material applies to the members of the Volleyball Alberta Officials.
Minor Officiating Resources
Line Judge Guidelines
Fee Schedule: The Volleyball Alberta Officials recommends that all areas of the province use the following fee schedule:
2019-2020 Rate Sheet
The following documentation is used as a means of improving communications between Canadian referees, Regional Officials Chairpersons (ROC) and the National Officials Committee (NOC).
Each registered team must be dressed for competition as per the Volleyball Canada rulebook; Volleyball Alberta STRONGLY recommends clubs complete the Uniform Approval Request PRIOR to ordering uniforms by submitting proofs. Once approval is granted, clubs would be sheltered from any potential costs associated with bringing uniforms up to standards during the club season. Teams and clubs will be able to submit their uniform proofs and photos via formstack. Jersey submissions that meet the standards of the Rules of the Game will be approved and an associated letter of approval will be provided to the team. Follow up with firstname.lastname@example.org Ryan Bunyan, Volleyball Canada Contact us.
Uniform approval is mandatory for teams planning on registering and attending the 2020 Volleyball Canada National Championships and must be completed no later than January 31, 2020.
2020 Volleyball Alberta Referee Forms
- Volleyball Alberta Referee Membership Forms - Over the Age of Majority
- Volleyball Alberta Referee Membership Forms - Under the Age of Majority
- Screening Part A: Go to Sterling Talent Solutions - MyBackCheck > Location: Volleyball Alberta Referees > Start My Check! Volleyball Alberta’s policy states that Enhanced Police Information Checks (E-PIC via Sterling MyBackCheck) are valid for three (3) years from the date of completion.Checks dates September 1 onwards have to be completed via Sterling. Beginning in the 2017- 2018 season, Volleyball Alberta joined our counterparts at the Coaching Association of Canada to partner with Sterling Talent Solutions. Sterling Talent Solutions provides an online, secure, and convenient way to obtain an Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC). Their results are forgery-proof which gives confidence to the organization that results have not been tampered with. The results are back in one business day, allowing people to be placed almost immediately. Additionally, people can share their results securely with other organizations where they work or volunteer with 24/7/365 access through their software. The cost per check is $25. While some police services may charge less we believe the benefits outweigh the additional cost (reduced travel costs, less time off work required, speed, security). The Volleyball Alberta Screening Disclosure form must be completed and submitted on a yearly basis.
- Screening Part B: Complete the Screening Disclosure form annually
- Referee Screening Submission Form. Referees must submit their Enhanced Police Information Checks (E-PIC via Sterling - MyBackCheck) and Screening Disclosure Form directly to Volleyball Alberta annually. Submit now: Referee Screening Submission Form (Formstack submission form link)
Volleyball Canada Administrative Forms
Volleyball Alberta Officials Expense Claim Form
Volleyball Canada Expense Claim Form
Volleyball Alberta Officials
Alberta Post Secondary Reference Material
Volleyball Canada Reference Material
Volleyball Canada Referee FAQs
2019 - 20 Volleyball Canada Referee Guidelines
Federation Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) Reference Material
Refereeing Guidelines and Instructions