2023 Team Alberta Training Centre
Training Centre invitations have been sent - Please check your email's Spam and Junk folders!
Please mark firstname.lastname@example.org as safe in your email browser to receive future program info!
Athletes from the following two age categories will be considered for the Team Alberta program:
- Athletes born in September 2007 or later*. Athletes within the 16-month window AND in the same grade level as the program year (Grade 9) will be given the most consideration for eligibility for this program.
- Athletes born in September 2006 or later* Athletes within the 16-month window AND in the same grade level as the program year (Grade 10) will be given the most consideration for eligibility for this program.
- The goal of our provincial team program is to identify athletes who have the potential to develop and reach the next levels in our sport. This would include post-secondary, National Team programs and professional leagues.
- To identify coaches that have potential to coach in a high-performance stream.
- To help develop the athlete’s technical, tactical, physical and psychological skills by exposing them to enriched levels of training and competition.
- To mentor, develop and educate coaches in a high-performance environment.
- To provide opportunities for athletes and coaches to build their competence, character, confidence and leadership. To encourage/inspire athletes and coaches to reach the highest levels in our sport.
- To prepare athletes and coaches for participation and success at the post-secondary and National Team levels as well as Western Canada Summer Games, Canada Summer Games, and the Canada Cup.
Physical Profile of a Team Alberta Athlete
The goals of our program cannot necessarily be met by simply examining the most skilled athletes at each level. Identified athletes need to have the size and athleticism that are essential for success at the higher levels. Volleyball skills can be further refined as athletes get exposure and practice within our sport.
Our High Performance Committee has researched and evaluated physical testing results from numerous sources to understand the base physical performance levels that athletes should possess for continued success in our sport.
16U Female Team Alberta Athlete- Physical Profile (with recommended standards)
Please note: These standards are not the sole factor in athlete identification or selection. Athletes also need to demonstrate potential to be an elite athlete, a willingness to learn, a great attitude, decision making and leadership skills.
- Club Coaches will receive an email asking for their athlete recommendations after the Premier 1 roster lock deadline.
- Recommended athletes will be invited to do the physical testing. Conducted tests include weight, height, seated height, standing reach, wingspan, grip strength, vertical jump (block, spike), Pro-Agility test.
- Team Alberta staff will receive the list of the athlete recommendations and testing results to begin their evaluations at the Premier events.
- Testing and performance results will be used to extend select athletes an offer to attend the ID Camp.
- Athletes will be evaluated at the ID Camp. Athletes not in attendance at the ID Camp may still move forward in the evaluation process.
- Team Alberta staff will continue to evaluate athletes in the Premier Season.
- Select Athletes will be invited to attend the Training Centre in the summer.
- From the Training Camp, three teams of 12 athletes will be selected (for more information, please refer to the 2020 Team Alberta- Athlete Selection Policy) to represent Alberta at Canada Cup.
Team Alberta Training Centres
The purpose of the Team Alberta Training Centre is to expose a larger number of athletes to advanced instruction in volleyball specific skills, fitness, mental, and physical preparation. The focus will be on technical and tactical training in all aspects of the game by both Provincial Team Coaches and guest coaches from around the province. Athletes will attend the training centre before teams are selected to compete in Canada Cup.
15U & 16U Key Dates for 2023:
- Physical Fitness Testing - January 27
- ID Camp - March 25, Sylvan Lake
- Training Centre - July 3 - 9, Saville Community Sports Centre
- Team Tranining - July 10 - 18, Saville Community Sports Centre
- Canada Cup Competition - July 19 - 23, Brock University and Canada Games Park
Financial Assistance Program
Athletes in financial need can apply to Volleyball Alberta for assistance via the Hugh Hoyles Scholarship Fund.
Below is a list of other scholarships, grants, and programs that athletes may apply for:
- Kid Sport Alberta: KidSport is a national not-for-profit organization that provides financial assistance for registration fees and equipment to kids aged 18 and under
- JumpStart: Jumpstart funding helps families that need a financial hand with registration, equipment and/or transportation costs.
For more information on the Team Alberta program, please contact Derek Hemsley at email@example.com or call 780-415-1703 ext. 8
2023 Coaching Staff
16U Team Alberta Women Black
- Head Coach - Leslie Heidebrecht
- Assistant Coach - Grace McKale
16U Team Alberta Women Blue
- Head Coach - Larissa Hauca
- Assistant Coach - Sarah Moss
15U Team Alberta Women
- Head Coach - Tashie Macapagal
- Assistant Coach - Madison Hoppus
2022 Team Alberta Training Centre
Team Alberta 15U Girls Edmonton Training Centre Athletes: Andrea Li, Ashlyn Gent, Berkley Maclean, Brooke Bergstrom, Brooke Fermaniuk, Chloe Penz, Dana Tanton, Hayden Hagel, Isabella Tano, Isabelle Hamel, Jade-Alexis Gauthier, Jaime Miller, Jensyn Brydon, Jessica Yang, Jorgie Cornish, Kallie Komori, Kenzi Steiner, Lauren Edlund, Lexi Jones, Leyton Balint, Lyla McKeage, Madge Prince, Meera Hameed, Mishynn Miller, Paige Hanzel, Scarlett Trefiak, Sofie Moore, Taia Freerksen
Team Alberta 16U Girls Edmonton Training Centre Athletes: Alandra Humbke, Allie McCracken, Arika Pullishy, Ashlyn Ceulemans, Avery Sim, Awien Ngor, Azalea Haji, breya twerdochlib, Carrie Mallett, Drew Tally, Emma Baxter, Faith Buffalo, Gini Andruko, Grace Reist, Hadley Ziemmer, Holly Palfy, Indira Germain, Kadison McLeod, Kaitlin Rolph, Kayden Klose, Keira Scharfenberg, Larkin Deitner, Madison Dyck, Mia Ozga, Natasa Maric, Naya Veljkovic-Nychka, Pyper Roos, Raven Ogbodu, Reid Adams, Rylee Warawa, Savannah Lambert, Sophie Paul, Stephanie Kendziora, Sydney Seida
Team Alberta 16U Girls Calgary Training Centre Athletes: Abbey Stannard, Adyson Kelly, Alexandra Schmidt-Roycroft, Aliyah Cruz, Amy Carver, Andrea Breaban, Anna Timmerman, Asha Hurkett, Ava Fontaine, Averi Penner, Becky Thiem, Cameron Gouw, Clare McKenzie, Ella Jarrett, Ella Layzell, Emma Thompson, Erin Noskey, Eva Dooks, Finley Welch, Grace Monaghan, Hannah Hurtubise, Ife Talibi, Isabella Hoy, Jayna Thulien, Julie Doef, Kayla Brasok, Keira Crellin, Lilah Pratt, Raelyn Conklin, Robyn Austin, Sarah Holowatuk, Sasha Pasloski, Stella McKenna, Taryn Sieben, Veronica Hmelevski
2022 Team Alberta Competition Teams
Result: Canada Cup, Tier 3 Championship Silver Medal
|15U Team Alberta Women White|
|1 - Bella Tano|
|2 - Leyton Bailant|
|3 - Hayden Hagel|
|4 - Jade Gauthier|
|5 - Ashlyn Gent|
|6 - Kallie Komori|
|7 - Andrea Li|
|8 - Lauren Edlund|
|9 - Brooke Fermaniuk|
|10 - Mishynn Miller|
|11 - Berkley MacLean|
|12 - Chloe Penz|
|13 - Jorgie Cornish|
|14 - Kenzie Steiner|
|Head Coach - Ken Briggs|
|Assistant Coach - Madison Hoppus|
Result: Canada Cup, Tier 3 Championship 4th
|16U Team Alberta Women Black|
|15 - Anna Timmerman|
|16 - Adyson Kelly|
|17 - Ava Fontaine|
|18 - Asha Hurkett|
|19 - Robyn Austin|
|20 - Stella McKenna|
|21 - Hannah Hurtubise|
|22 - Averi Penner|
|23 - Ella Jarrett|
|24 - Abbey Stannard|
|25 - Sasha Pasloski|
|26 - Emma Thompson|
|27 - Julie Doef|
|28 - Keira Crellin|
|Head Coach - Beth Vinnell|
|Assistant Coach - Grace McKale|
Result: Canada Cup, Tier 3 Championship Bronze Medal
|16U Team Alberta Women Blue|
|1 - Hadley Ziemmer|
|2 - Sophie Paul|
|3 - Reid Adams|
|4 - Avery Sim|
|5 - Ashlyn Ceulemans|
|6 - Indira Germain|
|7 - Awien Ngor|
|8 - Naya Veljkovic-Nychka|
|9 - Keira Scharfenberg|
|10 - Sydney Seida|
|11 - Azalea Haji|
|12 - Madison Dyck|
|13 - Savannah Lambert|
|14 - Raven Ogbodu|
|Head Coach - Tashie Macapagal|
|Assistant Coach - Presly Austin|
2021 Team Alberta Training Centre
Calgary Training Centre Athletes
Christine Abu, Erika Bang, Jessica Bergstrom, Piper Bullivant, Amy Carver, Kaycee Conan, Keira Crellin, Eva Dooks, Lauren Edlund, Olivia Edlund, Keira Gent, Veronica Hmelevski, Anna Howard, Hannah Hurtubise, Korey Jenkins, Kiara Keibel, Jade Longlad, Chichi Makasi, Daisy Olsen, Averi Penner, Dylan Sandu, Lexy Schmidt-Roycroft, Kourtney Serfas, Kaya Singha, Isabella Stothart, Ife Talibi, Lauren Wagner, Jordan Wallace, Evangeline Zeyha. Head Coach: Reid Brodie, Assistant Coach: Mariah Walsh.
Edmonton Training Centre Athletes
Gini Andruko, Talia Bennett, Halle Blocha, Jensyn Brydon, Maddie Dezetter, Ronnie Dickson, Daniela Falaye, Anya Fehr, Abagayle Guezen, Misha Hameed, Isabelle Hamel, Lily Hamilton, Sophia Hansen, Elliot Hope, Ava Johnson, Georgia Johson, Kate Johnson, Lydia Johnson, Kyla Karach, Megan Kendziora, Stephanie Kendziora, Alexa Landmark, Samantha Langdon, Rachel Mallett, Natasa Maric, Katelyn Mazurkewich, Allie McCracken, Serena Opal, Kiera Sharfenberg, Jenna Steacy, Breya Twerdochlib, Taryn Watson. Head Coach: Tashie Macapagal, Assistant Coach: Tessa Hill.
2019 Team Alberta Training Centre
Congratulations to the following athletes who have been selected to the Team Alberta program. These athletes will be at the Team Alberta Training Centre from July 2th - 7th
Avery Anderson, Narelle Arnold, Sheridan Coninx, Dominique Desautels, Olivia Edlund, Daniela Falaye, Sophie Ferguson, Nalaina Funk, Kristin Gilmour, Grace Haws, Carlee Heidebrecht, Lailatu Ibrahim, Laila Johnston, Brooklyn Knoch, Taylor Lougheed, Marlyn Ma, Brooke Malek, Ellie Masters, Peighton Melton, Robyn Mclean, Emma Morrison, Hattie Ogden, Issy Robertshaw, Paige Roslinsky, Kate Schneider, Emelie Silovs, Danielle Smith, Kasandra Trenke, Madeleine Vincett, Taylor Wright
Kallie Ball, Ava Beisla, Jillian Bieraugle, Maryn Boldon, Emma Brooks, Arden Butler, Abigail Carter Wilson, Faith Christensen, Heather Del Pero, Jayden Easingwood, Kinna Fisher, Kara Frith, Kaylee Glanville, Tielle Hagel, Jada Hamer, Taylor Hart, Ella Hornby, Maya Jovanovic, Hayley Kennedy, Andi Krawec, Sophie Krupp, Ashley Lockwood, Morgan McKale, Tanisha McQueen, Isla Olesen, Kinleigh Pate, Lyndsey Peltzer, Lana Pralica, Annika Radke, Kyra Rawlusyk, Jenna Rivard, Sona Sajeev, Tyra Sharuga, Payton Shimoda, Samantha Silva, Jailyn Stouffer, Kaylyn Tanton, Mary Thiessen, Emma Thompson, Kindigo Watson, Shynelle Woroniuk, Sarah Zonneveld.
2019 Team Alberta 15U Competition Teams
Team Alberta White
2019 Team Alberta 16U Competition Teams
Team Alberta Black
Team Alberta Blue
2019 Western Canada Summer Games Team
Coaches: Carolyn O'Dwyer, Sammy Fraser, Sandra Lamb
2018 Team Alberta 16U Competition Teams
Team Alberta Black
|4||Madison Macfie||Outside Hitter|
|5||Megan McDonald||Setter (Alternate)|
|6||Grace Coulter||Outside Hitter|
|8||Megan Harley||Outside Hitter|
|9||Sarah Heupel||Outside Hitter (Alternate)|
|10||Lauren Kauffeldt||Outside Hitter|
|12||Scarlett Gingera||Outside Hitter|
|16||Polina Golovina||Outside Hitter|
Team Alberta Blue
|5||Ashley Krause||Outside Hitter (alternate)|
|6||Madison Hoppus||Outside Hitter|
|7||Jordyn Sealock||Outside Hitter|
|10||Kendall Tanner||Middle/OH (Alternate)|
|11||Nora Kotun||Outside Hitter|
|12||Rachel Perry||Outside Hitter|
Team Alberta White
|1||Jessie Shang||Outside Hitter|
|5||Payton Shimoda||Setter/Libero (alternate)|
|8||Kylee Glanville||Outside Hitter|
|9||Mary Thiessen||Outside Hitter|
|13||Shynelle Woroniuk||Outside Hitter|
|14||Mya Scoble||Rightside (alternate)|