Advanced Development Coach, Indoor and Beach
The Advanced Development Coach, Indoor program and Advanced Development Coach,
Beach program are designed for coaches working with athletes in the Learn to Compete LTD stage or 17-18 age category. The courses expand on knowledge and skills learned in the Development Coach context and apply advanced training methods. The program has three designations that coaches will achieve as they work towards certification. These designations are: In Training, Trained, and Certified. The requirements for each designation are listed below.
Volleyball Alberta is responsible for the delivery of the Advanced Development Coach Pathway (Indoor and Beach). The requirements are listed below or they can be found under the Advanced Development Coach section of Volleyball Canada's NCCP Pathways document.
In Training - Advanced Development Coach
To achieve In Training - Advanced Development Coach designation, coaches must successfully complete the following:
1. Foundations of Volleyball eLearning
Coaches may have already completed this e-module in the Development Coach context. The e-modules are designed to provide all the essential information a volleyball coach will need prior to the In-Person Workshops.
Trained - Advanced Development Coach
To achieve Trained - Advanced Development Coach designation, coaches must successfully complete the following in addition to all previously listed requirements:
1. Multi-Sport Modules
- Make Ethical Decisions (optional if MED Online Evaluation is completed)
- Design a Basic Sport Program
- Basic Mental Skills
The Multi-Sport Modules provide education and training in areas relevant to coaches in all sports. In Alberta, the Multi-Sport Modules are offered through the Government of Alberta's Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation branch (SPAR). A schedule of upcoming Multi-Sport Workshops in Alberta can be found HERE.
2. Advanced Development Coach Workshop
After completion of the Foundations of Volleyball eLearning module, you will be prompted to sign up for a workshop in your local area. This workshop is 18 hours.
A list of workshops currently being offered by Volleyball Alberta can be found here.
Certified - Advanced Development Coach
The final step in the Advanced Development Coach Pathway is the development of a coaching portfolio and the final evaluation by a certified Coach Evaluator. To achieve Certified - Advanced Development Coach designation, coaches must successfully complete the following, in addition to all previously listed requirements:
1. Portfolio Submission
- Design a Basic Sport Program submission
- Drill Design submission (used for the Support to Athletes in Training Evaluation)
- Developing an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
2. Evaluation Requirements
- Make Ethical Decisions ONLINE EVALUATION (FREE if Make Ethical Decisions Multi-Sport Module has been completed)
- Making Headway In Sport (Generic)
- Analyzing Performance Online Evalation (Indoor Intermediate Skills) (Error Detection and Correction Online Evaluation)
- Support to Athletes in Training Evaluation (in-person evaluation or by video with a trained Coach Evaluator)
More information on the Advanced Development Coach Portfolio and Evaluation Requirements can be found HERE (Advanced Development Coach Evaluation Package).
For more information on Volleyball Canada's Advanced Development Coach Pathway, please email: Mike Ling