The Mikasa Achievement Awards are presented to athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers who have made an outstanding contribution to volleyball in Alberta for the indoor club season and beach season. Award nominations are based on the following criteria:
An athlete in the 15U/16U and 17U/18U category who has shown a combination of performance, positive attitude, and leadership for his/her team both on and off the court. A total of 4 Athlete Awards will be presented:
• 1 Female in the 15U/16U age division
• 1 Male in the 15U/16U age division
• 1 Female in the 17U/18U age division
• 1 Male in the 17U/18U age division
* The 18U Mikasa Achievement Award winners (one female/one male) will be awarded a $500 scholarship each towards their university or college education if attending a Post-Secondary institution in Alberta.
A coach in the 16U, 17U or 18U category who has led their team to a consistently high level of performance during the season while modelling the principles of fair play and sportsmanship. A total of 2 Coach Awards will be presented:
• 1 Coach in the female division
• 1 Coach in the male division
One male and one female youth beach athlete will be selected based on performance and their commitment to beach throughout the summer.
A volunteer (all categories) who has shown a consistently high level of dedication and service to the club or organization over a period of years. One Volunteer Award will be presented.
An official as selected by the Volleyball Alberta Officials Association criteria. One Official Award will be presented.
The 2020 Awards Banquet is cancelled. We will not be accepting any nomination packages for the 2020 Indoor Season at this time.
|2020 Indoor Season Cancelled due to COVID-19 Pandemic|
|2020 Awards Banquet - Cancelled||Communique regarding COVID-19|