Volleyball Alberta (VA) Refund Policy | 2022-2023 Season
updated: November 24, 2022
We have updated our refund policies to be fully transparent and ease any concerns should there be new COVID-19 related cancellations or other force majeure circumstances (event or circumstance that is specified, unforeseeable, or at least unpredictable, and that is beyond our control).
In the event of a force majeure circumstance cancellation, our priority while processing refunds will be focused on individual program registrations and then team registrations.
The Volleyball Alberta refund policy will be updated as programs/products are added for the 2022-2023 season.
Memberships and Refund Eligibility
Membership registrations are valid from the date of purchase to August 31st (annual membership type). All memberships are upgradable. All memberships are non-transferable. All memberships are non-refundable.
Refund requests will not be granted if VA or our facilities institute, voluntarily or non-voluntarily (imposed restrictions), additional COVID-19 measures after cancellation deadlines or partway through a program. Volleyball Alberta advises that all vaccine eligible individuals (12+) be fully vaccinated, or have proof of a medical exemption, in advance of registering for any program to reduce potential interruptions to participation.
*Volleyball Alberta (VA) and Volleyball Canada (VC) will consider refunds for duplicate purchases due to a system error.
Program Fees and Refund Eligibility
If withdrawing BEFORE the cancellation deadline:
A refund of the program fees, less a $35 administration fee, will be refunded if withdrawing before the cancellation date for the following programs:
- GO Sports Fall – cancellation date: Oct. 2, 2022
- GO Sports Winter – cancellation date: Jan. 3, 2023
- Premier & Provincials Tournaments – cancellation date: Registration Deadline per event, see Tournament Schedule
If withdrawing AFTER the cancellation deadline:
After the cancellation date, there will be no refunds.
- Fixed costs (transaction fees, equipment/cleaning supplies, facility costs, etc.) cannot be refunded. Volleyball Alberta will be forthcoming with all costs and will do our best to delay expenditures as long as possible to limit fixed costs.
Program Specific Policies
GO Sports Programs:
- If a participant cannot participate for a particular session, no refunds will be offered.
- If cancelled by Volleyball Alberta and the session cannot be rescheduled for later days, VA will refund participants the variable costs of the program onto the original method of payment*.
Premier & Provincial Tournaments:
- See our Inclement Weather Guidelines for more refund information in the case of extreme weather, road closures, and/or facility access closures.
Refund Policy FAQ
Q&A 1: How are payments and refunds processed?
All Volleyball Alberta registrations are processed using the Volleyball Registration System powered by Sportlomo (VRS-Sportlomo) with online payment integration.
All payments completed on Sportlomo will be refunded through Sportlomo. The refund amount is refunded to your card – payment method used at checkout.
Once a refund has been approved by Volleyball Alberta, the refund will be initiated. See Q&A 3 for our processing timeframe.
Q&A 2: How do I request a refund?
All refund requests must be emailed to the Program Manager overseeing that program or event.
All membership registration refund requests must be emailed to the Volleyball Alberta Office Administrator.
Email your refund request to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your reason for the cancellation/withdrawal request and please include (forward) a copy of the registration confirmation email to help us review your request and to get back to you as quickly as possible.
Q&A 3: How long will it take to review and process my refund?
Sportlomo can issue a full or partial refund, onto the original method of payment, up to 180 days after a payment is completed. Accordingly, Volleyball Alberta will only open a clinic, program, camp, league, event or tournament within 180 of the start date.
- Customer requested refunds may take up to 2-weeks to review and process.
- Programs cancelled due to low registrations may take up to 2-weeks to process.
- Force majeure cancelled events may take up to 8-weeks to process.
Q&A 4: Are there transaction fees to process payments and refunds?
Yes, for every transaction the following transaction fee applies.
- SAAS Fee: $1 per member
- Service Fee (Sportlomo + Strip Pay): 3.1% + $0.50 per transaction
Sportlomo + Stripe Pay will not charge an additional fee to process refunds; however, fees from the original transaction will not be returned.