During the Volleyball Summit hosted by Volleyball Alberta in June, the Season of Play & Signing Date were discussed in depth. Volleyball Alberta has adopted an official Signing Policy using an offer & commitment process for the 2016-17 season. The following reasons outline the decision to adopt the new policy:
- To alleviate stress on clubs, athletes & families
- To provide clubs sufficient time to communicate with returning & new athletes
- To provide clubs sufficient time to assess teams’ needs & organize tryouts accordingly
- To provide athletes & families an opportunity to explore & gather information
- To provide sufficient time for athletes & families to make an informed decision
- To create transparency during the tryout period for athletes & families
Volleyball Alberta has outlined important dates related to our Signing Policy:
- Re-Signing Period for returning athletes is between September 17 – 20, 2016
- No athletes may sign with clubs between September 21, 2016 and the Signing Date. The signing date is Monday, December 5, unless otherwise specified (Please see VA Signing Policy).
- Tryout Period starts the 1st Monday after ASAA Provincials (November 28, 2016)
- Signing Date is at the end of the Tryout Period. The signing date is Monday, December 5, unless otherwise specified (Please see VA Signing Policy).
- Season of Play ends June 30, 2017
Please review the Volleyball Alberta Signing Policy to ensure proper understanding.
If you require clarification regarding the policy, please contact the Volleyball Alberta office at (780) 415-1703 or email@example.com